Monday, June 06, 2005

Mysterious Girls

Yesterday (Sunday), I'd been to my favorite book shop. As I was browsing, a girl appeared to my side. I just noticed that she was wearing a nice pair of jeans, white top and looked smashing. Anyway, I moved to a side to let her browse. Instead, she suddenly turned towards me and said, "Can you suggest some books for me?"

For a moment, I was stumped. I mean, it's not a daily thing, that beautiful girls come to me and ask for suggestions. The only ones who ask me anything are my colleagues, who are stuck up in some issues.

So, there I was, looking at her large black eyes, feeling like I'd lost my ability to speak. Guess, she was wondering if I was some dim-witted geek. Anyway, after what seemed to be an eternity, my sense of mind returned. I asked her, "What sort of books do you like?"

She said, "I've read a few books by Jeffery Archer, Sydney Sheldon and Josh Grishim."

I told her that, I did not read Archer and Sheldon. I could suggest a few by Grishim. I asked her which books of Grishim she'd read. So, she pointed to the whole collection and told me that she'd completed almost everything in it! I on the other hand had read just about 50% of the books!

Then, she started talking about other authors and stuff. No matter what I suggested, she was not interested in them. She seemed to be interested in only taking to me! And, I was so shy and nervous, I felt like an idiot standing in front of her!

Anyway, by then, she got a call and started speaking to whoever was on the phone. I made a retreat, with a mind in turmoil.

A little while later, another mysterious thing happened. I'd not taken my bike as I'd given it for servicing. So, I took a shared auto. There were two good-looking girls. The driver asked me to sit beside them. So, I sat. We traveled together from Panjagutta to Jubilee Check Post.

There I tried to catch another auto. I stopped one and was about to get in. Surprisingly, the same two girls were in the same auto. By now, one of the girls gave me a big smile! I was totally scandalized.

Generally, I am not used to getting smiles from strangers. That too beautiful girls, never even notice me. Let alone giving a smile. A big smile is an impossibility. But, here I was, about to board an auto and a beautiful girl giving me a big smile! My mind has switched off by now. Logic was a out of the way. So, without much thoughts I sat in the auto and reached home.

What's really surprising is that both the events happened on the same day and within an hour of each other! Guess, my fortunes are finally turning around. Or maybe, the Hyderabadi girls have started to have pity on this lonely heart. Hey, anyway, who' s complaining :-)

1 comment:

Shweta Verleker said...

Hey.. good one :)