Saturday, June 09, 2007

Who am I?

Well, this sounds almost like Jackie Chan's question in his movie. And no, I've no been coshed on my head. Actually, this question came up as my Mom was asking me to write a profile for Kanndamatrimonial.com. You see, I am supposed to get hitched. (Not that I mind it, but, the whole process sounds more complicated than the CMMi – Level 5 Processes that we at Cognizant follow).

Think about it. This simple question on “Who am I” is so complicated that I have looked at it for 2 hours with flashes of images passing through the eyes – the schools I've been in, the college, the offices, the appraisals – and yet, it's so tough to tell who you are and what you have been in the past 26 years in about 250 words – that's about 10 words per year.

When I started to think about it, I realized how contradictory my entire persona is! I seem to be almost out-of-the-box concept! I was not born in any one place, I was not affiliated any one language, I don't crave for any one kind of food nor do I have a complete passion for only one subject / hobby. At times, it is nice. I never seem to have time since I am perusing so many hobbies. Yet, at times, I feel like an out cast in a world filled with appraisal haunted, salary-obsessed and politically minded IT janta. No, I am cribbing here, it's just that I never seem to fit-in to any sort of group or stereotype. It's almost like life has been a sense of contradiction – a sort of an experience of neither being here nor being there...

Is it just me or is are there some others too? It's almost like multiple people crumpled and stuffed into one body! Just a passing thought..

2 comments:

Nisha said...

Very well patterned! I guess only the ones who have made their profiles will be able to relate to it completely (not partially)! ;o)

Akshay said...

i guess so.. but, sometimes life is just so compliated that trying to box into specific groups is so tough!